Monday, January 18, 2010

So I'm Starting School...


So I'm starting school tomorrow, and I feel... anxious. I'm really excited, but at the same time, I am unsure that I have the capacity to do well in two Internet classes, because I was always the type that benefited from hands-on education. Taking on Internet classes, along with my other full time job (you know, the Mommy stuff) is just slightly daunting.

God has been really great to me, because he has shown me many great examples of stay-at-home mothers who also go to school. Some of them have outside help, like in-laws or parents or other relatives that help them with the children. I do not have these wonderful people in my locale as of right now.

However, I told myself I would stop finding excuses not to go, and just take the semester on like a charging bull. I recognise that it is a major blessing from Allah to be in a position where I can attend school in the first place.

I took two classes while I was pregnant, and had been looking forward to going back ever since. I declared my major: Journalism. I thought about World Affairs and Creative Writing majors also, but I think I need to just have faith in my abilities as a journalist since that is what lites my flame.

Pray for Me!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! You Can Do It! WHOOHOOO! You Got This Mama! (That is all!)