Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nights and Weekends


Stay-at-home Mom, Housewife, Homemaker; taking on the responsibilities of the children and household: FULL TIME.

That's right, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As much as I had heard that being a stay-at-home mom would be a full time job, I always thought of full time as most Americans do- 40 hours a week. Anything else would clearly be considered overtime.

What if this gig was a traditional 40 hour a week, Monday thru Friday occupation? No late night nursings- No babies in the bed at all for that matter. No 5am or 6am wake-up cries. No washing the dishes or doing laundry in the middle of the night because there just wasn't enough time during the day.

Breakfast would have to be at 9:15, because I wouldn't get to work until 9 am. Dinner would be prepared and served by 4 pm, so I can clean up and clock out by 5 pm.

Well, we can all dream can't we?

I am so fortunate to be at home with my little one, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Sure in a perfect world I'd have maid service at my disposal so I wouldn't have to sweat the small stuff. However, in this imperfect world, I have a perfect little angel who will be 1 soon and a great husband who puts a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. So I ask myself, what could be more perfect than that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hamdulillah! It is true from you have life, faith, health, love and support not much more is needed. Did you work before you became a stay at home mom? I did. Monday to Friday. It took me a while to adapt to being at home everyday. Seven years later and four kids later I am most comfy at home now.

sara said...

Nothing could be more perfect sweetie, nothing, hamdulillah :)